Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our Dog Moo

Our Moo is a "no breeder" dog. Even then my children liked him much because aside from being cute he has traits that are very endearing. He was born May 18, 2006 to Princess our lovable Shih-Tzu dog. His father is an "Askal" of Labrador origin. He was the apple of our eyes when he was a puppy. Now he is ten inches tall and more or less weighs 14 pounds. That's why I said he is cute.

My 18-year old son Dandan is into on-line gaming. He is good at it especially Counter Strike. He would stay playing online until the wee hours. Moo acts as his guardian during this time when all of us are asleep. He stays under the computer rack while watching Dandan and would bark at any moving object that he would suspect to be a threat to my son. When awake he often sits at the lap of Dandan and would attentively stare at the computer monitor as if also playing with him. When tired he would sleep on the floor but seeing to it that he is in touched with Dandan's feet. This has been going on for over a year now, so a deep bond between them has greatly developed. When Moo is out of Dandan's sight he would look for him right away and vice versa.

A few days ago Dandan reported to me that Moo has not been with him overnight. Immediately I ordered the helpers to look for the dog but he is nowhere to be found in our compound. So I gave up the hope to find him, I assumed that he got out of the gate and was made "pulutan" by folks who is fond of San Miguel beer. But my son never gave up. Together with our helpers he went out in the streets to look for Moo even though he was very tired and sleepy. After an hour of extensive search my son got home very happy. He was shouting at the top of his voice while approaching our gate that they found Moo in the vacant lot near us amidst big dogs. He said Moo was jumping and wagging his tail in excitement. He licked and kissed Dandan and was overjoyed that they found him.

Yes I agree that "a dog is a man's best friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment